Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1)

Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1) - Cherise Sinclair Well, since this book is pretty short, the review will be pretty short too...Here are just some basic things you need to know, and some of my reactions to them...Master Z is a mind reader :DYup, he can tell what emotions you are feeling, sometimes even your thoughts! He is the pefect master and knows what every sub needs and wants. And I was just about to say: Where can I get some of that?, but then thought... Ummm, I really DON'T want a guy who'll know every single thing I'm thinking/feeling ALL THE TIME sure, it's good to have that ability while in bed, but outside of it? No thanks :D Jessica is just an ordinary woman who stumbled into a BDSM club one night, she knows nothing about the lifestyle, but that same night she manages to have sex with the owner of the club :D Lucky girl I'd say :D But then I thought about it a bit longer, and if it was just an ordinary one night stand it would be ok, but going into kinky with someone you know nothing about? Hmmm. I'd have to seriously trust that person to go into it, and no matter how seductive his voice is or how he reads her mind, it was just a bit too much, the same night she was introduced into the lifestyle she had bondage sex with a stranger :D Well hell OK, I get even that, but after knowing each other for only TWO DAYS, they want to be exclusive, and he practically declared himself when he brought her to his house That's the main thing that bothered me, I'm not a fan of insta-love, and especially in this case, only two days, well damn those weren't even two full days, two evenings at the club and they're practically in love, only they didn't say it :DDDDDDMoving on, the story... Well it looked like an introduction to the BDSM lifestyle, and I think this would be a good book for beginners :) The sex was uber light, just bondage and some spanking.Some scenes were pretty hot, but the overall feel of the book was kind of detached, almost clinical. Yes it was all greatly described what he did and how she felt, but the emotional connection just wasn't there. Why will I continue reading this series?All of my friends tell me it's going to get better with each new book, so I'm sticking to it :)