A Humble Heart - R.L. Mathewson I just have to say that this book is lucky R.L. Mathewson knows hot to write funny scenes, because without them I would give it 2 stars.I tried to love it, and it didn't work. Then I tried to really like it, and that didn't work either. I just liked it.Reasons?spoiler alert!For me, the most important one - The characters: I just couldn't connect to them, at all. They met early in the novel, and soon after fell in love. You get to read that love, but you just can't feel it. I just read them to see how they were going to end, with not much interest to it.The story - well, there wasn't an actuall story here. There are a series of misfortunate events through the entire book, loads of them, that have no purpose whatsoever, maybe just so something would be happening all the time. There were bombs(!!!), gun threats, papparazzis, crazy fans (oh there were like 10 crazy fans attacks in here *rolls eyes* ), a rape attempt, a car accident, someone trying to get their sex life on the net- several times XD, the heroine having a baby in the set of a movie and so on and so on. I don't know, usually those heavy situations are there to get the main characters more emotionally together, or apart, it depends. Here they had no role, they just happened, and the H/h just got through them all. In the end, there was no happy feeling like aww they made it together, all's good. All has been good with them from page 50 or so, emotionally and their relationship stayed the same throughout the book. There was just one scene where I could actually FEEL Edward and his emotions for Dana, and that was after the attempted rape on her. That was the only emotional scene here. Sometimes you can read "I love you" a million times and it doesn't make you believe it or feel it.There were a few really funny scenes, the dialogue was cute sometimes, and for that I'll give it 3 stars, but I'm so sorry this didn't work for me, because I really really loved the Neighbors from hell :(